Sunday, April 30, 2006

Avoiding the Bicycle Thief Part II

A day after this post
My $25 properly locked bike was stolen from outside my apartment. Ironic NO?
They left the base of my kryponite lock taking the bike the cable and the hasp.
Far as I can tell it was twisted off????

Kryptonite KryptoLok STD U-lock, $29.99
Pertinent Thickness: 13 mm
Weight: 2 pounds
Free Anti-Theft Warranty: $0

The Kryptonite KryptoLok showed some heart, but with the right tool even Lois Lane could bust it. It took me less than a minute to break through, since the steel in the shackle is so soft and vulnerable. The included mounting bracket is flimsy plastic junk: One of the "EZ Mount Brackets" broke when I was putting it on, resulting in a two-point portability deduction.

Security: 8
Portability/Ease of Use: 8
Value: 5.3
Total: 21.3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The krypto-clepto strikes agin